A Convention Package With More
Meet in a destination with more when you bring your event to Columbus, Georgia. Shaped for successful meeting experiences, our convention package is one of the most well-rounded in the region—all within walking distance of expansive meeting spaces and venues, modern hotels, diverse cultural experiences, crave-worthy restaurants and an abundance of outdoor adventures.
Columbus Georgia Convention & Trade Center
The Columbus Georgia Convention & Trade Center totals over 180,000 square feet of meeting and exhibit space – that includes nearly 55,000 square feet of exhibit space in its North, Center, and South halls, a nearly 22,000-square-foot ballroom, and 17 breakout rooms for meetings of any size and description.The 200-year-old building underwent a major retro-fitting of mechanicals, technology, sound, and other components.
Take a virtual look at the facility and floor plans of the Iron Works to see how the two stories of floor space are laid out, and get a first-hand visual experience before you even walk through the doors.
- 182,000 square feet of meeting and event space
- 54,982 square feet of exhibit space
- A 21,153-square-foot square-foot ballroom
- 17 breakout rooms
- New state-of-the-art, full-service kitchen and staff led by a world-renowned executive chef
- A/V technology capabilities
- Loading dock facilities
- Crews for move-in and technical support
The Trade Center also offers three different event packages—Package A, Package B, and Package C—priced to accommodate any group size and budget. Planners can contact the VisitColumbusGA team for more information.
COVID-19 Response & Best Practices
Following recommended health and safety guidelines, the Trade Center’s implementations include more hand sanitizer stations for all entrances to event spaces and food serving areas, enhanced signage to promote appropriate social distancing, a trained team upholding the new standards of safety and cleanliness, and more. Reach out to the VisitColumbus GA team to learn more details of the Trade Center’s full reopening plan.
With the completion of new hotels and renovations, nearly 500 hotel rooms will be within walking distance of the Trade Center, along with more than 24 downtown restaurants, a 22-mile riverfront linear park and a vibrant arts & Entertainment District.
Accommodations for All in Uptown
Convenient as it is charismatic, the newly renovated 178-room Columbus Marriott is Uptown’s full-service hotel adjacent to the Columbus Georgia Convention & Trade Center and top cultural attractions.
Built around a restored cotton mill and now a national landmark, the hotel features a seamless blend of professional service and luxurious amenities with spacious guest rooms, five adaptable meeting venues, an outdoor pool, fitness center and the onsite restaurant, Houlihan’s.
COVID-19 Response & Best Practices
Marriott is committed to cleanliness and providing guests with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols and best health practices.
- The hotel requires face coverings for all guests and associates in common, indoor public areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are installed at hotel entrances, front desks, elevator banks and meeting spaces.
- Signage in public spaces will remind guests to maintain social distancing.
- Enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers, are used to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel.
- Mobile technologies provide reassurance and distancing options for Marriott hotel guests.
Learn more about the local businesses, organizations, and our hospitality partners who have adopted the Columbus C.A.R.E.S. pledge to put the safety of residents and visitors first. See the full list here.
New & Upcoming in Uptown
- 125 rooms, six stories
- $20 million boutique hotel
- Includes an AC Lounge with local craft beers, cocktails, & tapas-style dining
- Just over a half-mile easy walk from the Trade Center
- Slated to open early 2021
- 107 rooms, seven stories
- $30 million hotel overlooking the Chattahoochee River
- Nearly 2,500 sq. ft. of meeting space for up to 100 attendees
- Features a ‘farm-to-table’ restaurant & rooftop bar with 180-degree views in open-air space
- Just under a mile walk from the Trade Center
- Open Dec. 2020 and accepting reservations for guest arrivals starting late Feb. 2021
More Facilities for Your Meeting
The 10,000-seat arena in Columbus’ Uptown District offers 23,000 square feet of flat floor space and 5,000 square feet of hospitality suites, a full-service kitchen, and support personnel along with equipment for move-in.
Located in the heart of Uptown District, the performance arts center is ideal for general sessions of all sizes, offering a 450-seat concert hall and 2,000-seat theatre with three levels along with a grand public space perfect for receptions and gatherings.
Columbus State University
About 15 minutes from Uptown on the university’s main campus, the Cunningham Conference Center features a 5,432 square-foot banquet hall, six seminar rooms, an executive boardroom and technology support that is second to none.
On the main campus, the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center features a 2,400 square-foot auditorium, a 3,312 square-foot banquet hall, three large conference rooms and classrooms.
Accessibility to Adventure,
Arts & Entertainment
Almost as appealing as the nature and variety of outdoor recreation found in Columbus is the accessibility to it all. From the mild to the wild, attendees can experience adventures, arts and entertainment right outside the hotel room—all in a beautiful and historic city with riverside charm.
- Ride the river like nowhere else on the longest urban whitewater course in the world.
- Take a stroll along a 22-mile riverfront linear park.
- Hike or bike over 60 miles of trails.
- Explore renowned museums of historical, artistic and military importance
- See a show at one of seven performance theaters within walking distance of the Uptown District.
COVID-19 Response & Best Practices
- The Columbus Museum reopened with new policies and procedures in place, including required face coverings, adherence to social distancing, enforced gallery occupancy limits, and more.
- Whitewater Express attractions moved check-in counters to outdoor spaces, check all staff and attendees’ temperatures with scanners before entry, added more hand sanitizer stations, clean all gear before each use, and more.
- With masks required and spaced out seating to allow social distancing, the National Civil War Naval Museum at Port Columbus will be hosting a series of in-person and online lectures with guest speakers and experts that will be free and open to the public.
Learn more about the local businesses and organizations who have adopted the Columbus C.A.R.E.S. pledge to put the safety of residents and visitors first.
Getting Here is Easy
Located in the heart of the Chattahoochee Valley, Columbus, GA is an ideal drive-to destination for attendees to get here in a cinch. Georgia’s second-largest city is conveniently under a 90-minute drive from all directions.
- Atlanta, GA from the North - Take I-85 South
- Montgomery, AL from the West - Take I-85 North
- Albany, GA from the South - Take Highway 82 West
- Macon, GA from the East - Take US Highway 80 West
Groome Transportation Shuttle Services: Now open and operating in Columbus, the shuttle service offers 36 round trips daily between the city and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Columbus Airport (CSG), serviced by Delta, is just four minutes away from the heart of downtown.
A Convention Package that C.A.R.E.S.
VisitColumbusGA rolled out the Columbus GA C.A.R.E.S. pledge as a community-wide program to keep safety before service in the city. Learn more about what our partners are doing to keep everyone safe and healthy by following the latest COVID-19 guidelines, information and resources from the CDC.
Let our expert sales and services team at VisitColumbusGA help you start planning a destination with a convention package that can offer more for your meeting in Columbus.
Go All Out IN COLUMBUS GA SUBMIT YOUR RFP