Free Family Fall Festival at the Columbus Museum
Oct 17, 2014
For Immediate Release
Marketing and Media Manager
The Columbus Museum
706.748.2562 ext. 540
FREE FAMILY FALL FESTIVAL AT THE
WHAT: Fall Festival
WHEN: Saturday, October 25; 10 am-3 pm
WHERE: The Columbus Museum
1251 Wynnton Road, Columbus, GA
Families across the Chattahoochee Valley are invited to attend the Museum’s annual Fall Festival. Planned activities feature themed arts and crafts, games, and costume contests Saturday, October 25, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to:
· Create fun art projects at five crafts stations
· Explore the galleries; Trick-or-Treat in the Museum and participate in a scavenger hunt to find characters in the collection with special guests from the Liberty Theater
· Play games and win prizes
· Drop by story time in the galleries; 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
· Watch two feature films in the Wright Room : 12:00 Noon-Scooby Doo: What a Night for Fright;
1:30 p.m.- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
· Dress up for the costume contest featuring judges from Muscogee Moms: Ages 0-4, 11 a.m.; Ages 5-7, 12:00 Noon; Ages 8-10, 1 p.m.
Children will be provided bags courtesy of Synovus to take home completed art projects, supplies, and treats. This program is open to the public to enjoy a free, fun-filled day at the Museum.
The Columbus Museum brings American art and history to life for the communities of the Chattahoochee Valley. Through an educational approach, the Museum strives to ignite creativity, inspire critical thinking, and spark conversation. For more information about the Columbus Museum, please visit http://www.columbusmuseum.com.